Direct & Indirect speech


a.       Statement
D :  Father said “I am going out of town tomorrow”

I :  Father said that he was going out of town the following day.
D :  My sister said to me “I don’t like tennis”
I :  My sister said to me that she didn’t like tennis.
b.      Questions
·         Yes, no questions
D : The teacher asked her : “Have you finish your homework ?”
 I : The teacher asked her if he had finished her homework.
D : We asked them : “Will you go to the movie with us tonight ?”
I : We asked them whether they would go to the movie with us that night.
·         Question word
D : John asked the girl : “What is your name ?”
 I:  John asked the girl what her name was.
D : I asked him : “When did you get back from your trip ?”
I : I asked him when he had got back from his trip.
D : He asked me : “How will you go there ?”
I : He asked me how I would go there.
c.       Command
D : He asked me “Open your book”
I :  He asked me to open my book.
D : John told Mary “Wait until I come”
I : John told Mary to wait until he comes.
d.      Inperative
D : She said : “ Please don’t put your book on my desk!”
I : She asked him not to put his book on her desk
D : “Don’t cheat”, the teacher said to his student
 I : The teacher warned his students not to cheat

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

uji amilum, glukosa, protein dan lemak pada bahan makanan

Contoh Ringkasan Artkel/Jurnal Ilmiah

karya tulis "Membangun karakter pemuda melalui 4 pilar"